Monday, October 4, 2010

Hate Up

Deron Williams told the press, “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”

I guess that's better than where we were a couple of years ago, but it doesn't leave me generally inspired. It strikes me as the kind of desperate, surrendering hate of a crazed populous movement whose members know they're about to loose at the polls. Or the kind of hate you might have for a guy who rudely pushes past you at a bar but could clearly kick your ass. You would love to yell at him and demand he develop some manners and apologize, but are unfortunately bound by the Nietzchean laws of physical morals: he who controls physical pain controls moral pleasure. -- the best revenge, they say, is living well. But I'll take this guy and his ability to inflict a Bad News Bear like ending in which Kobe at least gets knocked the fuck down and everyone runs off waving their middle fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment