Sunday, April 25, 2010

Suffering


Just as Camus' doctor learned, so have we through suffering the HUMILIATION of picking many wrong teams and more wrong games in the first spat of playoff play, particularly out west. The Jazz and the Spurs have both acquired commanding 3-1 choke-holds and join what I'll call the 95% club (see: 181/189). In other surprising news, the Thunder have made a series out of their series in the last 2 games with Westbrook going nuts. Seriously, look again. Dude is exploding. I still think the Lakers win, but it is a lot less certain than it used to be. The Suns-Blazers series is also still up for grabs. If the Suns can score more than 100, they win and if not, they do not. It will be interesting. My doppelganger out east has been slightly more accurate, but still: The Celts have crushed, the Bulls have played 2 decent games, and the Bogutless Buckaroos are still hanging around, down only 1 game. Although our blogging egos have suffered, it is well worth it. I think that these playoffs are the first ones where the leagues talent is really shining through. Last year, there were only 4 teams that had a chance to make the finals. This year may be the same thing, but with the Lakers wounded and the Spurs/Jazz/Suns (?) playing good basketball, I will not be shocked if they miss their chance. So, praised be this sort and long live the King.

(PS I have to credit Salt City Hoops with the image. I literally giggled nervously at Karl Malone's tremendous body for about 3 minutes when I saw it and had to pass it on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment