Saturday, April 17, 2010

Don't Mess With Texas

Mavericks-Spurs:
The 2-7 match up in the west is pretty intriguing. I really have not loved Dallas nearly as much as others, and I still don't. Hollinger had a great statistic on his most recent post that makes me favor the Mavs, however: team with a top 4 seed and have won the season math up (Dallas-3, San Antonio-1) have won 82% of the series and 41 in a row. Also, how old are the Spurs? Very old. Tim Duncan was not supposed to play in the month of March, and yet had to in order for the Spurs to make the playoffs. Were this series 1 or 2 years ago, I would have picked the Spurs in 5. Given the injuries and the home court advantage...different story.

Interesting stories:
We will get a great opportunity to really judge the caliber of those trades that the Mavs had earlier in the season. This has been a solid rivalry for a few years now, and that is always fun. I believe that this is the last year for the Spurs to be a dangerous playoff team with this current roster. Although they bored me to death when they won a few championships, I have to tip my hat to them and will enjoy watching them as they attempt to burn out instead of fade away.

Prediction:
Dallas in 6 (Game 1, Game 3, Game5, Game 6)

1 comment:

  1. This series has been pretty wild. The wrestling match in game 5 was pretty ugly, and now the Spurs have the Mavs in a choke hold. Sorry Dallas, but San Antonio is not losing 3 in a row.

    ReplyDelete