Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Western Conference Power Rankings

First of all, I need to preface this by stating that Vince's post (see below) were truly brilliant, some of the best I have ever seen. Secondly, I'd like to make a prediction about the playoff teams in the west and see what you all think.

1. Lakers- Not a hard decisions at all. It will be very difficult for anyone to deals with this teams length + Kobe. The only hope for the rest of us is that Artest initiates a nuclear meltdown in the playoffs.

2. Spurs- The Spurs will be back near the top of their game with Duncan and Parker getting healthy again. The addition of Jefferson will not hurt at all, either. They will suffer with the loss of Bowen, however, and this lack of a perimeter defender will hurt them in the playoffs.

3. Blazers- I like what I saw last year and now that they have a real pg, I see no reason why they can't keep making progress on their breakout season of last year.

4. Jazz- With the trade rumors dying down, it looks as if Boozer will stay on for one more campaign. He may be a bad defender, but keep in mind that he is still one of the best 5 pfs in the league. He can do 20 and 12 any game, and does well offensively in the Sloan offense. This team was the third best team in 07-08 and I expect them to regain some of that swagger.

5. Nuggets- This team played well last year, but I still can't take them seriously for some reason. They fall a little next season.

6. Mavericks- This team is a bit of a wild card, but I am predicting that all of the random pieces that were bought up last year will somehow fall together into place. We shall see, though.

7. Hornets- Chandler is gone, the financial situation is terrible, and Chris Paul is only one man. I think Okafor is a good defender, but I can't see him elevating this team. I see this team as sinking, and inevitably CP3 bailing ship.

8. Thunder- With the Rockets losing Yao, T-Mac, and Artest, they won't make it this far. I'll give this young team a chance and predict that they slip in right past the Suns for the 8th and final spot. Good luck to them against the Lakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment